The Lutheran Church of the Holy Trinity was established on December 5, 1951 when 35 Lutherans signed the Charter and became a congregation affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
Since that founding the Congregation has worshipped at several locations in Macon Georgia with the first church located on Riverside Drive near Pierce Avenue and the current location 1899 Tucker Road.
In 1996, the congregation determined that the best use of their property of 19 acres was to develop a Summer Day Camp for school age children through middle school students. This Day Camp which operates during the Summer vacation months is known as Trinity Woods and has been in operation since 1997. It is the outreach mission of the congregation.